The next call for the Doctoral Program APPLAuSE will be open from November 13, 2017 to January 12, 2018.
Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear invites applications for its Doctoral Program in Plasma Science and Engineering from eligible candidates (see How to apply for admission criteria).
Successful applicants, up to a maximum of 6 (six), will benefit from a four-year doctoral scholarship supported by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
The next edition of the program will start in September 2018. Full-time availability is a mandatory requirement.
Applications will be submitted through the Admissions Platform of Instituto Superior Técnico (link to be added soon). Note that all uploaded documents must be in PDF format.
A complete application must include the components listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
- Application form available online (by clicking you will be redirected to a secure form on the IST website)
- Curriculum Vitae – Please download and fill the template (mandatory) according to the instructions available on its last page.
- Evidence of academic qualifications – Digital copies of your relevant academic certificates, including the final classification.
- Official transcript listing the grade/classification of each course/subject
- Motivation letter
- References – Provide contacts of at least two references (such as a current or past supervisor) who are willing to provide feedback on your abilities and skills. Indicate name, position, institution and email. Please note that upon entering this information on the Admissions Platform an email request will immediately follow to the indicated reference. (NB You must submit your personal data before the link to the reference letters becomes available)
- Identification documents – Copy of ID/citizen card or passport, and fiscal card (if applicable)
See How to apply for detailed information.
Publication of results
The final list of selected candidates will be published on the IPFN website. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.